Sunday, January 6, 2013

Class Dojo!


I ran across a site called Class Dojo recently. This site has been around awhile, but I had never used it. After using it a short time, I LOVE it and so do my students! It's a fun and visual, real-time management system to help track student behaviors, homework, participation or whatever you set it up to track. Best of all, it free! It was easy to set up and my students were earning "points" in no time. I can track it on my iPad or use my computer to project it with my LCD projector. I even have it on my iPhone. I’ve also set my page up to track students’ homework. It’s easy to check their homework as they come in each morning and assign a point if they completed their homework. It is a nice visual for my students and it also helps me see who needs additional positive reinforcement.

It also has charts and graphs you can print and share with parents, but I haven’t started to use that feature yet. Click on the picture above to see a little demo and try it out with your class!

If you haven’t entered my giveaway, be sure to visit this post to enter to win a free Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener and the item of your choice from my TPT store!

5 comments:

Aimee V. said...

Thanks so much for posting about Class Dojo! I'd heard about it but never taken the time to learn about it. I love it! I've got it all set up to use to tomorrow and can't wait to see how my students react!!

Aimee
aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

Teacher Gone Digital said...

Aimee - I'm so glad you found it useful as well! I think you will really like it and I know your kids will love seeing the points they earn. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

twilliams said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I am now following your blog! Love the look of your blog and the DoJo idea!

Teresa

2nd Grade Pig Pen

Anonymous said...

Hi there - Kalen from ClassDojo here. Thank you so much for taking the time to post about us - our small team here at ClassDojoHQ really appreciates the support! Love how you're checking the HW in the mornings...might even be cool to feature on our ClassDojo blog - let me know if you're interested - kaleng@classdojo.com!

If anyone who comes across this post has any questions for us or needs help getting set up with their free account, please don't hesitate to reach out at kaleng@classdojo.com Cheers :)

Unknown said...

I absolutely love ClassDojo. My students love seeing their avitar and I find that when I give points for class participation, it skyrockets. Students are incredible motivated by ClassDojo.