Sunday, December 1, 2013

December Currently

I am breaking the "1 post a day" rule to post my currently. If I don't, it won't get done. The minute I head back to work tomorrow it's going to be a roller coaster ride for the next three weeks...schedule changes, rehersals, and parent gifts (I have NO idea what we'll make this year...any ideas?).

 
Thankfully the dishwasher is a quiet one. The poor thing has worked overtime this weekend and we didn't even have Thanksgiving at our house. (We did have company over though). 

November went by so quickly and I really enjoyed the long weekend over Thanksgiving, but I'm really ready for a few weeks off and am eagerly looking forward to Christmas break. Oh...wait a minutethey call it winter break now!


It's that time of year when we rack our brain, haunt Pinterest and dig though all our December boxes to figure out what we'll have the kids make for their parents. I have no idea at this point what we'll do. Any ideas out there?

I managed to get the tree up and decorated, but I haven’t done the rest of the house. I really wanted to change up how I decorate the tree, but I couldn't decide what I wanted the theme to be (currently it's angels and glass ornaments). Guess I'll start thinking now about what I want to do next year.

Couldn't we all use one more day? We all know December is going to be crazy busy! I've relaxed and enjoyed the last 4 days. I didn't do one thing related to school. I'm sure I'll pay for that this week when I'm racing around trying to get things done. Why in this profession is it so hard to really take a weekend off? 

Now that it's just my hubby and I at home, we have a little tradition of driving around and looking at the lights on Christmas eve (we do Christmas day with the kids...they are at the in-laws on Christmas eve.) Since hubby is the DD, I usually have my hot cocoa spiked with a little peppermint schnapps!


2 comments:

Mary Bauer said...

We have three weeks until vacation. Fortunately we have a really good science kit to explore right now. Happy December!

Lorraine Vasquerz said...

I need to do the same thing...... figure out what to make as a parent gift. I guess that's another thing to put on my to do list. Thanks for the reminder :)
~Lorraine
Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies 
Visit my Facebook page