President's Day is just a few weeks away. Here are some great online activities. Click on each picture to visit that site.
The following is a good place to find print resources.
ReadWorks.org is free to join. If you haven't found this resource before now, head over and check it out. My favorite part of this site is the leveled Reading Passages with comprehension questions. I can find passages on just about any subject I'm teaching and use them with my reading groups. You can also search by grade level or Lexile level. I found three different articles (at different reading levels) I can use with my guided reading groups to learn about Lincoln and Washington.
I also have a President's Day packet that I will be using over the next two weeks. Click on any of the pictures to head to my TPT store and check it out.
This President's Day packet includes the following 20 activities:
1. George Washington Fact Sheet & Tree Map
2. Abraham Lincoln Fact Sheet & Tree Map
3. If I Were President Writing Activity
4. Capital Building Fact Sheet
5. President Report
6. Generic Expository Writing Frame
(Use this to write reports about any of the topics in this packet.)
7. Presidents Day Making Words
8. Presidents Day ABC Order
9. ABC Order Pocket Chart Cards
10. Word Search, 11. President Acrostic Poem
12. President ABC Word Hunt
13. American Flag Facts
14. Washington & Lincoln Venn Diagram Activity
15. George Washington & Abe Lincoln Sentence Writing
16. American Flag Facts & Tree Map
17. American Flag Sentence Writing
18. Bald Eagle Facts and Tree Map
19. Bald Eagle Sentence Writing
20. George Washington & Abraham Lincoln Venn Diagram
As promised, here is an ABC order freebie for you. Just click on the picture below to grab a copy.