Friday, January 31, 2014

Currently February...Well Almost!

So it's really not February yet, but it will be in a few short hours. I'm usually waaaayyyy down the list on linking up for Farley's Currently. This is such a fun linky and I've found so many wonderful blogs through it, so I'm always excited when the first of the month comes around.


HGTV is my channel of choice; although, I really don't watch very much TV. You'd think I'd live in a stylish house after as much time as I've spent watching other people fix up their homes, but I don't. It's a very nice house, but my decorating really could use some upgrading.

I was so happy that today is Friday. I don't know why, but this week seemed to drag on forever. It was the end of semester and we were in the thick of report cards (any one else in that boat?), so I'm sure that has a great deal to with the level of exhaustion I was feeling by today.

I REALLY need to start moving more. I don't think I really need to lose any weight, but I am seriously out of shape and I notice this on a frequent basis. I have a great recumbent bike. I need to just get a move on and tone up.

Have you tried Stitchfix? I've done three boxes so far, and I LOVE it! I don't have a great sense of style and tend to play things pretty safe in the wardrobe department, so Stitchfix has been a great way for me to branch out and try new styles. I haven't kept everything that they've sent for me to try, but I've keep several things out of each box and the entire box one time. If you haven't tried it yet, it's a service that sends you a box of new clothing items to try based on the input you give. You can try things on and send back what you don't like and pay for what you keep. You can click below if you want to check out their website.
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3217417

I DID seriously kick the Starbucks habit except for an occasional trip with the hubs on a weekend out of town. This was a major accomplishment considering I used to go 4 to 5 times a week. I now make my own at home because I am NOT going to give up the coffee habit any time soon. I really don't like going to classes and finding out I have to share two truths and a fib about myself. That's probably because I don't think my life is all that exciting and have a hard time coming up with any truths that I think other people would even care to hear about. My fib...not going to Hawaii for spring break. I wish I was! I'm tired of being cold and a beach sounds great right about now. 

Enjoy your weekend! Head over to check out the Currently linky!

http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2014/01/currently-february.html
 

4 comments:

Good Enough Teacher said...

I was so excited about your Hawaii comment until I saw that it was a fib :( sadness! I'm going to Hawaii for the first time ever during spring break! I have never heard of stitchfix, but I'm definitely going to check it out now :) sounds like fun!
~ Krystal
good enough teacher

Mrs. Rios said...

Found your blog through the link. You are so funny! I too am an HGTV fanatic. Love Property Virgins and Love It or List It. Thanks for sharing the StitchFix. I am in a serious rut when it comes to fashion, and am going to check it out.

Nicole
Mrs. Rios Teaches Second Grade

Sarah Carper said...

I just signed up for my first stitchfix yesterday! I'm so excited to receive it in a few weeks!!

Sarah
Beyond The Gradebook

More than Math by Mo said...

I am happy to hear that you kicked the Starbucks habit! I seriously need to try! I am there at least once a day and sometimes twice! It is bad! I also wish I would be heading to Hawaii for spring break. Glad I found your blog and thanks for sharing a peek into your life (even though you think you have nothing interesting to share) I enjoyed reading your post.
-Monique
More Than Math by Mo